While many entrepreneurs may not think about contracting HR help from day one, doing so is essential for any start up organization. Regarding HR, you don’t know what you don’t know and, unfortunately, in our experience, HR often gets called after a problem develops. Here are a few reasons why it pays to be proactive:
- Employee lawsuits have risen 400 percent in the last 20 years
- During the past five years, 6 out of 10 employers have faced an employee lawsuit
- 41.5% of employee lawsuits are with private employers with 15 to 100 employees
- Defending an employment lawsuit costs $75,000 to $250,000
A good HR person is worth his or her weight in gold. In addition to protecting your organization from employee lawsuits, having a dedicated HR professional’s help at the outset will ensure that you:
- Have accurate job descriptions and a legally compliant employee handbook
- Develop a compensation and benefits strategy
- Recruit talented employees
- Efficiently onboard new employees and report new hires
- Set up and maintain employee files and payroll
- Get expert advice on employee relations issues
- Implement a performance appraisal system
- Provide required employee training
- Conduct employee surveys
All of these HR functions help your organization comply with the law, attract and retain talent, and allow you to focus on building your business.
The Lindenberger Group has helped many start up companies with their HR needs. We provide highly competent, experienced assistance at affordable rates.
If you are thinking about starting a business, or have started your own company, call us at 609 730 1049 to let us know how we can help you.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.