Situation and Challenges
The Brooklyn Children’s Museum had recently lost its human resources person and faced significant challenges: no formal onboarding process, outdated manuals and other materials, and lack of administrative support for employee benefits, compliance and payroll for the 100 employees. In addition, critical organizational information wasn’t being passed along to new hires and newer employees, decreasing the organization’s efficiency. They were in need of HR mentoring and support.
We took over all HR management functions, implementing a comprehensive program that included:
- Enhancing communications between the HR and finance departments
- Upgrading the payroll system
- Standardizing the onboarding process
- Updating HR forms and materials
- Documenting processes and procedures
- Training office manager to assume some HR responsibilities
- Organizing workshops for employees
- Managing payroll and benefits
The organization became much more efficient, and new procedures ensured that the organization complied with internal processes and all applicable laws and regulations. Employees now have updated manuals and other materials, and critical knowledge is being passed on to new employees. We also helped the organization bring HR functions back in-house.